iovation's 2019 Gambling Industry Report provides an in-depth analysis of the trends that drove gambling in 2018 and insights into driving Differentiation with Players in 2019.
We analyzed more than 518 million transactions aggregated from over 100 gambling operator and platform providers. Through our conversations and collaborations with our customers and industry leaders, we defined three key market drivers that will shape the gambling industry in 2019:
- Player Experience as a Market Differentiator: Recent changes to gambling regulations in geographies including the United States, Singapore and India, present an opportunity for market expansion, but also come with competition from new operators. Attracting and retaining players with superior experience has never been more important.
- The convergence of Fraud Prevention and Authentication: With the convergence of offline and online identities, it’s important to fight fraud and protect customers across the entire lifecycle without degrading the player experience.
- Managing Regulatory Uncertainty: Fines rose against gambling operators in the United Kingdom from £1.6 million to £18 million over the year from April 2017 to 2018 for money laundering violations and unfair practices. With the U.K. Gambling Commission issuing another round of fines totaling £14 million in November, this trend doesn’t look to be slowing.
Other highlights include:
- iovation has seen transactions processed via mobile devices grow at an average annual rate of 95% from only 6% in 2012 to 70% in 2018.
- The growth of game abuses and cheating reports continued in 2018, but the growth has slowed from 55% in 2017 to 12% in 2018.
- During 2018, over 795,000 devices and nearly a million accounts associated with a self-exclusion report attempted to access one or more of the digital properties in iovation’s network of iGaming clients.
Download the full report to learn more, or watch our Gambling Industry Report Highlights webinar, where we go into more depth on the key themes.